Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Ok before i go out to Wendy's.


It's been pretty fun and so entertaining working with SMBC so far. I work at Sumitomo Mitsui Bank Corporation, if you wondered what the abbreviation stood for.

Entertaining, not in the 'get retarded and start craking jokes' kinda entertainment, but knowledge rather. I practically squealed with delight at all the fun things i'm learning. For example i never knew that Bloomberg was actually a computer database system, because i knew that it was a TV programme that screens all the corporate words which were greek to me. Nonetheless, i cannot disclose any information because alot of things are pretty confidential.

But it dawned on me that whatever i learnt back in school or in poly now is apparently useless, i mean no one was ever thought how to use bloomberg, BMI, S&P, Moody's, Fitch, Reuter's knowledge, ICIES etc etc etc. It was all on the job training for me. In school, you're taught how to LEARN. You're not taught what failure or success means. And i'mt not talking about just UT's, exams, test and what not shit please. But i don't know if i see a career working in a bank...on another note still, a mind is INDEED a terrible thing to say and although we were all born smart just that education had to ruin us, we ACQUIRE that smart from somewhere and somehow didn't?

But just yesterday, i was free and bored for a while and i played TIC-TAC-TOE with myself/my concious. And i actually lost t
o myself. Go figure.

No comments: