Tuesday, July 24, 2007

inevitable decay of that fair weathered love

i still remember when we hung out together, we enjoyed playful verbal banter, we were tender. But those gushing sentiments that we spoke off to each other, did we regret?
The seasons pass so fast, the blooms faded, and natyre took its course of inevitable decay, and without argument or discussion, we started to neglect each other. Somehow we got back to where we were, where we stare at each other from the other room.

But i ask myself now: Was there ever a true great love? Anyone who became the object of my obsession and not simply my affections? I don't think so. In part, this was my fault. Maybe it was my nature, i suppose. I could not let myself become that great mindful.

But isn't that what love is-losing your mind?

You don't care what people will think. You don't see your beloved's faults, the slight stinginess, the bit of carelesness, the occasional streak of meaness. You don't mind that he is beneath you socially, educationally,financially and morally. Ok i think that's the worst- deficient morals.

No comments: