Tuesday, April 14, 2009

After having to change my mobile number after 4-5 times, in my whole 8 years of having a phone, I realized that telling everyone that you've changed your number gets irksome.

scenario 1:
Me: PEOPLE! PEOPLE PEOPLE! This is my new number onwards, i'm no longer using 9********. Please save this number from now onwards and don't be a cock and message the other number, because this message is evident that I DID give you my new number. THANK YOU! (:
-texts to 200+ people on contact list-




Comments: Some say that you waisted 200 worth of free text messages. Some say it's a waste of time because it's either you have or you don't. Some say, i'll purposely provoke the person next time and text 'Who's this?' if he or she replies.

scenario 2:
Anna Marie: Hey carl! I texted you the other day, and you didn't reply!
Carl: Oh yea! Sorry! I changed my number, what's yours?
Anna marie: 9*******, what's yours?
Carl: Thanks!
-walks further up in school and gets the same question from Joseph, Mark, Jacob, Candice, Jasmine, Janal, Ali, Murugesh etc

Comments: Most common experiences, and this were one of the top i had.

Scenario 3:
Me: Hey i changed my number but i forgot yours, gimme yours, i'll miss call you!
Gary: 9******* got it thanks!
-does the same for 200+ contacts-

Comments: And there you would have used up probably 30-50 mins worth of free outgoing calls.

Scenario 4:
This would be the same as scenario 1 but in a mass instant messaging form.

Comments: Wow unless one likes the tedious and precautious way of not giving your number to 'strangers' and finding out who and which person you should give too. That'll be way cool.



Well after coming down of a perfect way to give out my new number to selected people, I think i might just use scenario 4 and 3. Haha so i pray for patience from everyone and not to breathe down on my neck, plus at this timing now, i still haven't taken a shower, so y'all might wanna take a step back! Rest assured, you'll get the new number soon.

Alas, I can surrender now my time to my organizer, my emails, my work, my text to the sex right here. Have a good night everyone. (:

No comments: