Tuesday, March 15, 2011

being in your 20s

“If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you." Winnie the Pooh

A friend of a friend's told me that girls at our age, (I'm turning 21), are not really looking for stability in a man or in any relationship as a matter of fact and that education and money means squat to us. Maybe. But you see but being in your 20's, it is the stem cell of human development, the pluripotent moment when any of several outcomes is possible. Decisions and actions during this time have lasting ramifications. The 20s are when most people accumulate almost all of their formal education; when most people meet their future spouses and the friends they will keep; when most people start on the careers that they will stay with for many years. & This is when adventures, experiments, travels, relationships are embarked on with an abandon that probably will not happen again.


Btw, I love Winnie the Pooh, they're not just for kids, if you actually read the Book, and not those picture drawing ones, those that consist of 400-500 pages. You'll realize that, Winnie the Pooh, is not actually about kids. It's something deeper.

2 comments:

Bug said...

Dang! Haha.

I miss being young, going to school, learning stuff, having plenty of time to hang out with friends and get to know more people.

I say live it up. You shall pass that way but once. Enjoy it! ;)

Kinda reminds me of that Seals & Crofts song (We May Never Pass This Way Again) only replace May with Will.

Erika Shimada said...

Hahaha. It's never too late. Afterall, age is just a number!