Thursday, March 10, 2011

promise me the moon and stars

What are words if we don't really mean what we say most of the time? Sometimes it's hard to form a sentence when you're sad or even angry, because in the end, we don't meant what we said and we would kick ourselves and say "I shouldn't have said that". But what about those words when we say when we're in love, when we're happy or when you stand in the altar next to your spouse? Do we really mean what we say?

I once typed it somewhere "Don't make decisions when you're angry and don't make promises when you're happy". Anyone can tell it to your face under the moon and stars how people feel when they're in love or how pretty she/he looks and how'd you do anything to keep them right next to you, but you can't give them the moon and stars. I like to see the best and the goodness in people, yet some have said that is a fault of mine (isit?), but I really do, but when they look me in the eye and tell me promises, I wonder how and why are they promising me something that may just be another hollow one?

So next time, don't promise me the moon and stars,

No comments: