Wednesday, July 09, 2008

what love really is & not the cliche movie lines

Love. I always thought it was about giving & receiving. But only a day back did Shafiq tell me that love is not only just that but it's giving selflessly because you WANT to. Ironic as it may sound, but he is right, I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually learnt a lesson or 2 from him that day over ice-cream at Cold Rock, Holland V.

Love is when you buy him/her the ben & jerry's phish & chips ice-cream because she/he is craving for it or is feeling upset although you think it's ridiculously overpriced just for a tub of ice cream but anything to see the smile. It's about coming down to his/her school with lunch you've made for him/her although it took you 3 hours to decently cook it & clean the stove, but you do it because it's his/her favourite meal. It's the way you'll give up a day of watching a soccer match or a day of shopping just to accompany him/her to do something he/she is wanting to do most although you might dislike it, but you do it still because you want to spend time with your love one and. Love is about doing things willingly and not because you are ASKED to do it willingly but with no nagging, no second thoughts & no doubts, you WANT to!

I know that life is a major bitch especially when you're living around this town & things don't get better when you look at your watch and realise you ONLY have 24 hours NOT 38. So you try to do more because you think that if you do, less will be neede to be done, but a rude awakening, it's still there. & maybe there are things that we can't help it, & that....that's ok. Because I realise that honesty is a must, and I've GOT to trust if i'm not with you. So we should respect one another, and respect us, I'm hoping I'm everything you need and you wish for and then you'll find in me they way you show that you care and love, when you're not with me then you'll know that aint nowhere i belong.

No comments: