Sunday, August 17, 2008

end of the line


Dear Saya,
In another less then 24 hours or so you'll be boarding up the plane at Changi Airport and you'll be on a long trip to the land of maple oak trees and maple syrup. But as the clock ticks it's second hand away, it ticks back when we were small kids running around in our diaper bags. The day when we first made friends. We go back to God-knows-how-long-when, and i remember every play outting I had with you. From the time you got bullied at this fun-castle that they use to have in Suntec city, to the time you came to America to visit me, to the time of Christmas, New Year's eve parties and other what not cell group parties.

But after tomorrow, it just won't be the same anymore. And i can't take it as another, i'll just see you in a few weeks time, when this time, i won't see you maybe forever. And no i don't want to accept it at all. Because no party would ever be the same without you, how we would grab food and booze and rot and talk about anything under the sun and moon. I grew up with you. I had so many memories made with you and this goes back to diaper bags to make-up, boys and the beginning of our lives. Although some people might say that there's internet and skype and yada-yada what not cook geeky ways of keeping in contact virtually. Still the absence of your presence is enough to keep me cold during the long december christmas parties. So what can i do to keep you here for another one more day? I never once had a grudge against you and we never fought too. So how can you tell me not to cry when i'll yearn for more memories to make with you? Through almost the thick and thin of the drama we both had and shared, i could still call you friend. No boy, no party, not anything could ever come between us.

And ok, i'll admit it this time round, i'll miss you. Give me a call or text before you leave ok? Don't cry at all. Because i know we'll see each other soon. (yea how soon?) I'll keep the photos i have of you and i both and i'll keep the memories safe in my box. So one day, hurry back to the place you call home.

And another thing my friend,
don't forget to remember me.
Have fun with life and always remember to smile. Take care of yourself and make new friends ya?
with love,
erika.

No comments: