Monday, August 04, 2008

The Wisdom Guru

Time: 10.41 am
Location: The Coffee Bean, J8
Weather: Bright and sunny side up just like my eggs
Mood: Content and think-y.


So it's obvious that i skipped school if any of you noticed the bit on location. Dressed in my levi's, mng tank, shawl and flip flops, i've decided to blog about the many things that will come to my mind. And i'll try to make it as interesting and readable.

So good morning world, i swear i'm feeling so many things, mostly it's nothing to do with my emotions but rather my cognitive point of view. You see on the way here to the Bean, i was thinking of how much japanese-y i am. If many of you aren't too sure of my blood, well I'm actually HALF-chinese & HALF-japanese. So no wonder my last name, Erika Shimada. Well back to my point, you see, I've been staying in Singapore for what it may seem like forever, and there were many points that I hope that I won't loose contact of the Japanese side of me, so whoopee for the gains that I now, on my 18th year, I have switched to a Singapore Citizenship which means i'm no longer holding a Japanese passport, i felt sad. I did. But don't get gme wrong, please gooodness me don't, I'm proud to be half blooded each, but i did felt like i was letting go of something which is part of me after so long. But then again, hit me on the head with a brick, it's just a passport, no biggy. On another whole, as long as my character will invariently speak for itself, i'll still be the japanese inside of me.

With that, i'd jump on education prosepectus. I'm not too sure how many of you out there are happy at where you're at now, as for me, in Rp doing a diploma in arts management eeps me all smiles. And i just pray to God that i'll get into the University of New York. or if not, studying uni here locally is all fine by me. But other than that, I hope you're at where you at because you want to be and not letting the grades affect you that much in anyway, if you're happy studying overseas because you know you can't make it here, well, i hope you're happy ayy? and if you're doing a private degree/diploma, i still hope you're happy, And if you're at jc, well then again, i hope it's what you wanted to do and hope you're still happy. Because how you want to move and how fast is all up to you and it's up to your own capacity too. And education wise is all up to you too, make your own mistakes, don't be studying things because your parents ask you too but rather because you want to do them and be happy with it. Make your own mistakes, no one will no failure untill you experience it, and heck with the "Learn From Other People's Mistakes" That's utter bull shit and I HAVE never learnt from other people's mistakes, i only gain a head, that doesn't mean i've grown a brain. Because what is there to learn when there's no lesson to begain with in the first place? Have fun living your life my fellow human beings. (: I wish you all well.


Erika Shimada.

No comments: